My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Birth of the Northern Lights.

As I was playing with a wet piece of paper and some new paints I just bought, I realized that what was happening reminded me of how the northern lights look when they first come out.  I made a few minor movements on the paper and left well enough alone.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Polly:) This one is beautiful! Very bright and the little bit of red you added makes it complete. Well done!

    ReplyDelete