My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Daily Paintworks Apple Challenge is addictive.

I think this is my favorite   It is watercolor and collage.
  What I like about the watercolor part of it is how loose it is and how the water and colors of the apple did their own thing
in kind of a cool way.  
This is my second favorite and I  don't think the colors of the original really show thru , at least on my monitor.  I like   the simple lines of the apple and I do like the background colors as a way to emphasis the apple.  
 


Not my fav and it was experimental.  I used fabric paint and watercolor and had some fun.  Would look good in
a children's book.

This was the first apple I did and to me it looks like many things but an apple is not one of them.  I do like the colors and how they mixed and dripped and I like the background.  

No comments:

Post a Comment