My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Door to my room for 10 days in Italy

I went to a watercolor workshop in Italy and
was inspired to sketch and paint the door I entered everyday when I went to my room.  We stayed at a monastery that had been converted to a center for art.
 One of the rooms hid soldiers  during WWII and the priest negotiated their freedom with the Nazi soldiers.
 All but one of the Italian soldiers were freed.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Polly:) This is a totally different style. And it's very nice. Love the colors and the black lines! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, am trying to figure out exactly what my style is but this technique I learned in a workshop I was in.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Polly. I love the atmosphere of this. Very nice.It really looks like Italy! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Polly!I meet your lovely comment on DPW!I visit your blog...greetings from Italy!

    ReplyDelete