My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Friday, May 18, 2012

VERY small hill town in Tuscany

I did this drawing on location and finished the painting in the studio.  The lady of the house kept changing her plants.  Started with two pots and ended up with a porch full of flowers.  It was kinda funny.  She was so sweet.  Wish I could have gotten her in the painting but may do this one again and included her .

1 comment:

  1. Hello Polly:) Okay, this painting is a month on your blog already, but some how I mist it. No wonder you had to finish it in the studio if the lady kept coming with new pots and plants:) I think you did a great job on this one. Especially the sky is beautiful and the stones of the building I do like very much. The little flowers make it perfect. The women knew!

    ReplyDelete