My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Under the Tuscan Sun



This piece is done on Yupo paper with very liquid watercolor.  It is very organic even though it takes a lot of planning in terms of what colors I want to use and how I think they might blend.  At a certain point, I start to put in textures.  Each piece is different.  Yupo paper is smooth and non porous so painting on it is a quite a different experience when compared to  regular watercolor paper.

3 comments:

  1. Hai Polly:) Wow, this is beautiful! Love the colors and the textures. I discovered Yupo a while ago and it's my favorite "paper" since then. Nice to see you are using it too:)

    ReplyDelete