My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ladybug has the blues

I am taking a rest at painting and trying to figure out what direction I want to go in.  This is a little Impressionist painting of a Ladybug, as I hope you can see.   Did you know that in the U.S.A. there are over 500 kinds of lady bugs. Not only that, not all of them have spots and not all of them are red.  Some are plain like this one but some are quite colorful.  Nice little piece of conversation for your next cocktail party.

2 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful! The lady bug makes the perfect flower center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastique! Launcelot @ fubar.com

    ReplyDelete