My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Da Bears (day 5 of 30)

I was inspired by a recent trip to the U.P. when as I was driving on a highway with pretty much traffic, I suddenly saw something large and furry entering my lane.  It turns out my eyes were not playing tricks on me.  What I saw was not only a big black mama bear, but her three cubs following behind.  They were coming out of the woods onto a busy highway.  I saw headlights behind me and coming my way.  Lucky for me the guy behind me stopped and the oncoming traffic 
did as well while mama and her family got to the 
other side.  It was a memorable site and I wanted to get it symbolically in this painting.  




2 comments:

  1. I like the colors and the impact of the red.
    cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. When I first read your comment I thought it said you liked the impact of the red cat...and I thought OMG, the bear looks like a cat?? I laughed at myself when I realized the punctuation was there...

      Delete