My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Real Winters --- but a little too long

This is what winters are like in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and let me tell you,  warm clothes are a must.  I have been not completing many paintings as my ballerina attempt made me realize I need much more practice.  I have been doing lots of drawing...and shoveling of snow and just plain keeping warm.  More to come soon when I do something post worthy.  In the meantime, I do find beauty in the snow...In case you may not have thought of it, the mail boxes are often UNDER those snow banks.  They are chiseled out later on the next go around.  



No comments:

Post a Comment