My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

sketchbook skool

Am doing an online sketchbook skool klass.  It is a group of people across the planet who signed up for a 6 week course.   Basically it is a lesson on how to develop a meaningful sketchbook and there are daily lessons.  

Here is my first one.

This is not on quality paper so the paint does not act the same way as it does on good paper  but that is not the point.  The point is to record something and document a slice of life.  Somtimes they can be redone as a full blown painting but it is more like a diary.  Great to do on vacations as a way to document what is meaningful to you.  
I think it took about an hour to do this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment