My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Old Man Winter Day 28

Winter is in the air here in the Great North Woods 
and he is mingling with the Northern Lights.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Polly, I enjoyed your leaf series very much and this is a beautiful discovery of a face form inside the patterns of your technique. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. This idea of painting 30 paintings in 30 days makes for lots of discoveries. I like t his one myself and it just happened.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Chris, I am laughing because the magic is in the fact that this painting started from my reject pile of old paintings. I cut and rejected painting in fourths and ended up with one piece that spoke to me and ended up being old man winter. I really love the results. (Don't throw away those loser paintings)

      Delete