My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Crooning Cool Cats Number 22

This is the 22nd painting out of 30 and I just wanted to do cats and a barn theme.  I have nothing clever or funny to say about this.  Sometimes, when one does a painting each day challenge, I have found  the lesson is not to get it right, sometimes the lesson is to just get it done and learn what you need to do the next time around.  On this one I learned how I would approach the cats in a different way.  I also was not happy with the paper I used.  I mistakenly got a few sheets of 90 lb paper in my inventory of paper and it really isn't so good to use with the way I paint.  I use a lot of water and 90 lb paper warps a lot while painting so I had to stop and let it dry so it would be flat and ready for more paint but then it was too dry to do what I wanted for an effect.  With a heavier weight paper, the paper can be damp with out getting wavy  so it is possible to paint wet into wet without the paint running.  I do like how the red barn turned out both in  color and texture.  Anyhow.  after 22 days, I have gotten a bit more down to business.  These crooners are cute, might do them again, on different paper.

3 comments: