My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Where's Moe Number 11

This piece is Number 11 in my 30 paintings in 30 day challenge.  I want to tell you all a secret.  I have only 3 colors on my palette and any variation in color is a result of how those three colors mix and blend together.   It has been a liberating experience to limit my palette to that extent.  I love the intense look on this gals face.  I  love her pink nose and her high cheekbones..she may be on the cover of Vogue next month..Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sue....it spoke to me..Honestly, the final outcome is always a surprise to me. I make myself laugh.

    ReplyDelete