My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Doing the dishes

When I  do the dishes, which seems like a never ending job, this is what I see outside my window. The large rock  is a local landmark and comes with all kinds of stories of things that happend at the rock and how the rock got there.  This view almost makes me want to wash the clean dishes in the cabinet.  It is so tranquil and ever changing.  I used a  combinations of 3 colors to make the black  color and then I played with the  shades of that color.  The white comes from not painting that part of the paper.  What fun this was. Enjoy the View.   

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible view, Polly, and you really do it justice!

    ReplyDelete