My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Bamboo and Bambi - Before and After


I started with an old unfinished painting a friend of mine was about to toss out.  See top painting.   I saw shapes and colors I could develop so after looking looking at it from various angles, this is what I cam up with.  I saw these two guys in the background so I developed them by painting around what I saw and blurring the background.  I wanted to keep some of the vertical lines so it would look like these guys are in the woods and poking out between the brush.  I may tweek it some more, I am not sure but I do like what was developed.  The cows were there all along, I worked mostly on the background.  This is my version of doing a makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment