My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lunch Time in Malta

This is based on a scene of a couple of guys on the beach in Malta during their lunch hour.  The beach was all rock made from years of limestone building up to make a very uneven rocky beach.  I think I have captured the feel of the  beach on the day I observed it.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I struggled with this one. I want to go back to this beach and look and feel and paint more.

      Delete
  2. I think this one is wonderful, Polly.I like a bit of mystery and the second figure sort of emerged as I was looking. More please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Which one did you see first? The guy on the left?? This is a new style I am playing with.

    ReplyDelete