Thursday, August 20, 2015

Tres Golden Divas



In case anyone is wondering about the selection process of the leaves I paint, here is the story.  I look at the leaves in my yard.  I have oak trees and maple trees .  As the weather is changing, the leaves are falling and get mushed up on the ground with the grass and other leaves and generally lots of organic stuff.  I like looking at them in that environment.   I look , observe details and colors and then take the actual leaf I like and draw it.  I also photograph them so I can preserve that point in time.  The leaves are not this orange yet but I have photos from last fall to use as a color reference.  The other day a yellow and brown maple leaf fell in front of me on my porch as if to say good morning.  I photographed it will and it will end up being one of my fallen divas.  Having said all of that, I must say the obvious...I take a lot of liberties in terms of the colors and the details of the background.  I am more interested in getting the feel of autumn then getting an exact interpretation of the leaf I am painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment