My photo
When I paint, no matter what the subject matter is, I always strive to paint with loose, expressive brush strokes, using bold, vivid colors and a sense of humor. I work very spontaneously, mostly in mixed aqua media on paper because I like the way the paint flows and I like the transparency of the colors resulting in an organic piece. I constantly experiment with colors, techniques and subjects.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

US2 Interlopers


US2 INTERLOPERS captured in a mixed media piece -- I just love when I am driving down a speeding Highway enjoying the beauty of the night sky and the hills around me, being thankful that although the traffic is unusually heavy, it is moving smoothly and at a pretty good clip. However just when I feel good about this night time drive, out of the corner of my eye I see something, not immediately recognizable, but in need of my attention. This image is starting to move into the highway a little bit ahead of me as if that particular spot is an understood crosswalk. Did I miss something, am I seeing the spots that sometime make an appearance in my eyes. NO... none of the above, In reality, it is mama bear deciding it is time to teach her cubs how to get from one side of the road to the other...in single file, no less, with not a worry about the cars heading in her direction. I believe, that this is evidence of a miracle. No cars went into the ditch, no cars hit each other and no bears got hit. And I might add, none of the bear changed its pace before reaching the other side of the 5 lane highway.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - how could it not have been a miracle?
    Love the sweet paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I had fun with this media piece. There were actually mama and three cubs following. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was the front car with a car right behind me. 🐻

      Delete